iZotope has released an updated version of the RX Audio Editor program for audio restoration. As announced, the new RX9 will bring even more sound correction tools to the pros. For example, the Spectral Recovery tool will help you restore dialogues, and the Wow & Flutter function will help you correct the pitch.
The Batch Processor and Loudness Control functions have also been improved. Musicians will be able to use the Guitar De-noise tool, designed specifically for tuning the sound of guitar recordings. According to iZotope, the RX9 Editor is a surgical-grade audio toolkit.
Among other things, the developers drew attention to the improved interface and the appearance of horizontal scrolling in the Spectrogram Display window: this is intended to speed up the workflow and simplify the work with mixes.
IZotope Senior Product Manager Mike Rozett noted that the RX9 and embedded tools “were built to help people solve unsolvable problems.
Version 9.2.0 released on December 16, 2021
• Bug fixes
• Fixed missing “Noise output only” control in De-hum plugin.
• Fixed a hang that could occur when using multiple RX plugins in a session on older versions of macOS.
• Fixed a hang that could occur when switching between files with different sample rates after rendering using the Loudness Control module.
• Fixed inconsistency of the layout in the oscillogram statistics window.
• Updated the app icon in macOS.
• Added user feedback link to RX Audio Editor app.